|Rugby League World Cup 2021|
|Dates: 23 October-27 November 2021 in England|
Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium will be one of 21 host venues for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in England.
It will be the first non-football match to be played at the 60,260-capacity stadium, which opened in 2006.
As well as the men’s World Cup, the women’s and wheelchair events will be run alongside it for the first time.
Newcastle’s St James’ Park will host the opening ceremony on 23 October with the men’s and women’s finals both at Old Trafford on 27 November 2021.
All the venues were announced live on the BBC Sport website, with traditional rugby league strongholds such as Leeds, Greater Manchester, Liverpool and Hull chosen.
However, Coventry, Doncaster and York have also been included in the list.
The draw will take place on 27 November, two years out from the final, and the full list of venues for all three tournaments is:
- Newcastle – St James’ Park (52,405 capacity)
- Sheffield – Bramall Lane (32,702) & English Institute of Sport
- Doncaster – Keepmoat Stadium (15,231)
- Hull – KCOM Stadium (25,586)
- York – York Community Stadium (8,005)
- Huddersfield – John Smith’s Stadium (24,500)
- Leeds – Elland Road (37,890) & Headingley Stadium (21,062)
- Liverpool – Anfield (54,074)
- Manchester – Old Trafford (74,994)
- Preston – First training base to be revealed
- St. Helens – Totally Wicked Stadium (18,00)
- Warrington – Halliwell Jones Stadium (15,200)
- Leigh & Wigan – Leigh Sports Village (12,000)
- Bolton – University of Bolton Stadium (28,723)
- London – Emirates Stadium (60,260) & Copper Box Arena (7,500)
- Middlesbrough – Riverside Stadium (34,742)
- Workington – Workington Community Stadium (under construction)
- Coventry – Ricoh Arena (32,609)
|Participating teams for men’s competition|
|England (hosts), Australia (holders), Fiji, France, Jamaica, Lebanon, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga, Wales, plus four other European teams (from Greece, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Norway, Russia and Scotland) and one other qualifier from Cook Islands, South Africa and USA.|